Here is a list of the fields of a BigQuery connection in ThoughtSpot Embrace. You need specific information to establish a seamless and secure connection.
- Connection name: Mandatory. Enter a name for your BigQuery connection.
- Connection description: Optional. Provide a short description about the connection.
- Project id: Mandatory. Enter the project ID associated with the BigQuery database.
- Service account: Mandatory. Enter the service account associated with the BigQuery database. See set up service account.
Set up service account
You may already have a service account for GBQ with the proper permissions in place. If not, follow these steps to create a service account.
- Navigate to console.cloud.google.com, and sign in.
- Click the left menu button, if the menu is not already open.
- Hover over IAM & admin.
Click on Service accounts.
- Click + CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT from the top menu.
- Specify a name, and add an optional description.
Specify permissions. Under Select a role, choose BigQuery > BigQuery Data Viewer.
- On the next screen, click + CREATE KEY.
- For Key type, choose JSON.
- Click Create. The key downloads to your computer.
Copy and paste this key under Service account when connecting to Google BigQuery in ThoughtSpot.