The Admin Console provides you with an intuitive, user-friendly interface to accomplish most of the necessary tasks for administering ThoughtSpot.
Navigate to the Admin Console by selecting Admin from the top navigation bar.
You can complete the following tasks in the Admin Console:
Manage users and groups
- Manage ThoughtSpot users
Create, edit, or delete users.
- Manage ThoughtSpot groups
Create, edit, or delete groups.
- Manage local authentication
Enable or disable ThoughtSpot’s local authentication.
- Configure SAML authentication
Integrate with SAML for single sign-on (SSO) authentication.
- Configure LDAP authentication through Active Directory
Integrate with LDAP to authenticate users against a secure LDAP server.
Manage settings: SSL, support, and application and menu customization
- Configure SSL
Use SSL for authentication and data security when you send data to and from ThoughtSpot.
- Configure a reverse SSH tunnel
Set up a reverse tunnel to allow ThoughtSpot Support to get access to your ThoughtSpot instance, to perform support-related activities.
- Set the relay host for SMTP (email)
Set up a relay host for SMTP traffic, to route the alert and notification emails coming from ThoughtSpot through an SMTP email server.
- Customize ThoughtSpot help
Customize ThoughtSpot Help to be specific to your data, examples, and documentation.
- Customize Answer actions menu
Add custom actions to the more options menu for Answers.
- Customize application style
Starting with release 6.2.1, you can change the overall style of your ThoughtSpot interface from the Admin Console: logo, colors, fonts, and footer text.
Manage backup and storage options
- Configure NAS for backup storage
Use network attached storage to support backup/restore and data loading.
- Manage and create snapshots
Create and manage snapshots, which you can use to restore the cluster to a specific point in time.
- View System Overview Pinboard
View and explore your users’ activity on the system overview Pinboard.
- View System Cluster Pinboard
View and explore cluster activity on the system cluster Pinboard.
- View System Alerts Pinboard
View and explore system alerts, configuration events, and notification events on the system alerts Pinboard.
Upgrade your cluster
- Monitor available cluster updates
View available cluster updates.