To make changes to the chart configuration, click the gear icon in the top right corner of the visualization.
This opens the Customize menu for the chart. Using this menu, you can drag and drop measure and attribute chips to or from an axis. Click on any measure or attribute chip that has a more icon (>) to customize it. In the image below, both Total sales and Store Region are customizable.
You can edit some of the elements of the chart directly, by clicking on them. For example, you can change the appearance of a chart axis by clicking it and making selections in the available options.
Through the Customize menu, you can perform a number of customizations:
- Drag and drop measures and attributes to or from an axis
- Set up your chart by dragging and dropping the measures and attributes in your search onto the appropriate axis. If you want a column to be part of your search and show up in the table view, but you do not want to include it in your chart, you can drag it to the ‘Not Visualized’ section. You can also use this functionality to perform a hidden sort, by moving the measure column you want to sort by to the ‘Not Visualized’ section.
- Number formatting for all data labels
- Category (Number, Percentage, Currency)
- Units (K, M, B)
- Independent control for each measure on the chart
- Grouping and ungrouping of axes
- Axis renaming
- Changing the position of an axis
- Changing the axis minimum and maximum values
- Changing number formatting on the axis.
- Column renaming for charts, tables, and pivot tables
- Wrap or clip options for long text
- No line limit for headers in wrap mode
Use the configuration options to perform any other chart adjustments, such as:
- Reorder labels on the axis or legend
When there are multiple columns on the x- or y-axis or legend of a chart, you can change their position in the chart by using the chart configuration icon.
- Set the y-axis range
You can manually set the y-axis range by using the chart configuration icon.
- Hide and show values
You can hide and show values on the chart using the legend.
- Show data labels
You can configure charts to show the y-axis data values.
- Show data markers
You can show data markers for line charts.
- Specify time bucketing
You can easily change the date bucketing on a chart or table, from weekly to month of quarter, for example.
- Add regression lines
You can add a regression line to your chart.
- Display gridlines
You can add X and Y gridlines to your chart.
- Disable automatic selection of chart type
You can turn off ‘automatically select my chart’ if you want a specific chart type to persist throughout a search
- Zoom into a chart
You can zoom into your chart by selecting an area with your mouse.