Any user who belongs to a group that has the privilege Has administration privileges or Can upload user data can upload their own data from the browser. To load the CSV or Excel file into ThoughtSpot:
Log into ThoughtSpot from a browser.
Click Data, on the top navigation bar.
Click the ellipses icon , in the upper right corner, and select Upload Data.
- Upload the CSV or Excel file by doing one of these options:
- Click Browse your files and select the file.
- Drag and drop the file into the drop area.
Answer the question Are the column names already defined in the file header?
Answer the question Are the fields separated by? Click Next.
Click the column header names to change them to more useful names, if you’d like. Click Next.
Review the automatically generated data types for each column, and make any changes you want.
There are four data types: Text, Integer, Decimal, and Date.
When an upload is complete, the system reports the results and offers you some further actions.
- Click Link to Existing Data if you want to link the data you uploaded to the data in another table or worksheet.
- Click Search if you want to begin a new search.
- Click Auto analyze if you want to use the SpotIQ feature to find insights in your new data.