This guide provides information for application administrators, or users with administrative access privileges.
Before addressing the major components of this guide, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the general top-level architecture of the ThoughtSpot service.
Administrators are responsible for many facets of the ThoughtSpot service. They are most frequently in charge of these common processes:
- Installation and setup of ThoughtSpot
- Loading and managing data
- Managing users and groups
- System administration
- Backup and Restore
Additionally, administrators are often involved in the following workflows:
- Data modeling
- Using worksheets to simplify search
- Using views for ‘stacked’ search;
note that starting with Release 5.2, you can accomplish some aspects of search stacking by using the
- Enabling SearchIQ, ThoughtSpot’s natural language search
- Managing scheduled jobs
- Monitoring system health