If you have permissions to upload data and permissions to a data source, you can add to that source by uploading more data with CSV file. You can append data to your existing system tables through the ThoughtSpot application, even if the tables were initially loaded using Data Connect or
tsload. The CSV file must have the same structure as the table it is being loaded into, including number and type of columns, in the same order as the target table.
To append data into ThoughtSpot:
- Log in to ThoughtSpot from a browser.
Click on Data, on the top navigation bar.
- Click the on the table you would like to append data to.
Click the Load data button.
- Upload the CSV or Excel file by doing one of these options:
- Click on Browse your files and select the file.
- Drag and drop the file into the drop area.
- Answer the question Are the column names already defined in the file header?
- Answer the question Do you want to append to the existing data or overwrite it?
- Answer the question Are the fields separated by? Click Next.
- Click on the column header names to change them to more useful names, if you’d like. Click Next.
- Review the automatically generated data types for each column, and make any changes you want.
There are four data types:
- Click Import.
- Click Link to Existing Data if you want to link the data you uploaded to the data in another table or worksheet. Or click Search if you want to begin a new search.